The prime objective of the RERA authority is to set up separate redressal system such as RERA complaints. Each State has prescribed different rules for filing of complaints.
How can you make sure that the property is RERA compliant?
There are numerous numbers of things that must be considered to make sure that the project or property is under RERA regulations.
- If the area of the project is more than 500Sq. Mt. then the builder has to register it under RERA regulatory act before the advertisement or the promotion of the project.
- A builder should have proof that 70% of income deposited in a separate bank account.
- Builders have to complete all the regulations of RERA authority before promoting or applying coupon on it.
How to file a RERA complaint?
A buyer can file a complaint against the promoter, agent or builder under section 31 of RERA.
Procedure to follow while filing a complaint
- First of all, you have to file a complaint in a proper format under the appropriate jurisdiction.
- Check out the state RERA rules of your state and fill the complaint according to the rules prescribed by RERA authority.
- Details you need to include in your complaint.
- Add the details of respondent and applicant
- Registration number and address of the project
- Add details of relief and interim relief (if any)
- A brief detail regarding the facts and claim
- Complaint can be filed only after paying the requisite fee prescribed under the respective RERA Authority.
- You can file a complaint online by visiting the RERA website.
- If after the RERA decision, you are not satisfied with their decision then you can file an appeal with RERA Appellate tribunal.
- Still, if you are not satisfied with the decision of decision taken by Appellate tribunal then you can approach the high court within 60 days.